Notify Message
Forums
ThreadsAuthorPostsViewsLast Post
Roleplay Discussion

[Pinned] "Heard it on the road." Rumor Mill Thread

Some of you may be familiar with this type of thread and its function, and may have seen it in other RP communities. For those that haven't, I'll explain the use and rules. What is this thread for?What is the function of this thread? It's to be us...
Member avatar small ╰☆╮ 2y
╰☆╮2316112Small Nadhiya 1y
Roleplay Discussion

[Pinned] Monthly RP Prompts for Random Quirky Character Development

Alrighty, I am starting up a monthly bit, this one on character development. Feel free to use these topics and be as creative as you want. Write a story, list what things are, whatever tickles your fancy!All months will be kept in this first post ...
Small Naeem 2y
Naeem3018927Member avatar small Sydarian 1y
Roleplay Discussion

[Pinned] Rolling Dice in RP [CoC 7th Ed Style]

Why Call of Cthulhu 7th Ed. Rolls?During a recent skype adventure, I suggested we try the new Call of Cthulhu style dice rolls. These rolls focus on who tells the story -- and not success or failure. If you succeed in a roll, you tell the story y...
Small Selaesori 2y
Selaesori43100Small Alchuilas 2y
Roleplay Discussion

[Pinned] [GUIDE] Roleplaying Insanity

~ Roleplaying Insanity ~A key component of psychological horror RP is losing control of your character and allowing things to go horribly wrong. Here is a method (inspired by Call of Cthulhu 7th ed.) to determine how your character might lose thei...
Small Selaesori 2y
Selaesori53494Small Ignatious 2y
Roleplay Discussion

[Pinned] A Guide to Armor and Clothing Sets

A Guide to Armor SetsHey fellow roleplayers! A question I hear from a lot of folks is how or where to find the perfect set of armor or clothing to suit their character. I am constantly looking for clothing to help me portray my characters the best...
Small Chenyu 2y
Chenyu1828944Member avatar small Ethira 2y
Roleplay Discussion

[Pinned] New to roleplay? Start here!

Side note: I was asked if I could make a separate post on this, and sticky it by a few members of the community, so here it is! I will go through it later and clean it up. If anyone else would like to contribute advice or links, please feel free t...
Member avatar small ╰☆╮ 2y
╰☆╮43764Small Mortahna 2y
[Pinned] What Goes Here?
Roleplay Discussion

[Pinned] What Goes Here?

What Goes Here?Roleplay Discussion is a general forum to discuss all things Roleplay, and it doesn't have to be just for ArcheAge either! Discuss your ideals, your style, and your expectations. Ask questions, provide other players with the answers...
Small Wanderer 3y
Wanderer11426Small Wanderer 3y
Roleplay Discussion

The Science of Storytelling

While not a guide per say - the article gives some interesting insight on why storytelling engages our brains.http://lifehacker.com/5965703/the-science-of-storytelling-why-telling-a-story-is-the-most-powerful-way-to-activate-our-brains
Small Elisan 234d
Elisan1765Small Elisan 234d
Roleplay Discussion

[NA] Is Rp alive in Arch age?

Hello, Im Eric, i couldnt tell you what my characters names are atm cause i havent played AA in a long while. I recent took a long break from black desert and though im getting Rp there its just as stagnant as i remember... So im writing cause i s...
Member avatar small Ehop22 265d
Ehop2251416Small Turalyon 235d
Roleplay Discussion

Seeking RP/gameplay friends!

Hey there. I made a similar post on the Tahyang board here. http://www.archeageroleplay.com/forum_threads/2619229The jist of that post is that I just came back to the game and am looking for new friends to play with! I did already join a guild, ...
Member avatar small Azalgon 286d
Azalgon2708Member avatar small Strongwall 277d
Roleplay Discussion

RP'able races?

I hate to be that one guy, but I have to ask. I'm new to the game and am not 100% familiar with the lore, but I do come from WOW and rp'd there. I was creating my Dwarf when I noticed that I could make them look like a vampire, and its easy for ...
Member avatar small Puxido 318d
Puxido51282Member avatar small Puxido 317d
Roleplay Discussion

Returning/New Player looking for RP in the NA server

I'm still somewhat new to the RP aspect of AA, but I have Roleplayed on multiple other games, one of my major's being on ESO. I've been wanting to devote time to AA but never could fully get into it due to the time it was taking me to attempt to g...
Member avatar small Aurius 320d
Aurius112077Member avatar small Aurius 317d
Roleplay Discussion

RP Hubs?

I was just wondering if there were any place people were considering using as hubs and hangouts? Taverns, bazaars... Anything like that?I'm playing on eastern continent on Tahyang, but feel free to post any hangouts for your own continent/server!L...
Small Asami 3y
Asami114341Small Ashelia 318d
Roleplay Discussion

Returning player, fresh start server.

Once upon a time I played ArcheAge rather religiously when it first came out. I had quite a bit of fun playing on Tahyang however eventually I got burnt out and moved on to other things. With the addition of 3.0 and fresh start servers, I decided ...
Member avatar small Masamune 321d
Masamune2826Small Ashelia 321d
Roleplay Discussion

Roleplay on Tahyang

Hi there guys!I've been busy leveling my character, Waste, but I'm eager to get involved with the RP community on Tahyang. I know that Tahyang is pretty heavy with West-based RP and interacting with Nuians, Dwarves, and Elves will be difficult unt...
Member avatar small gentlecasca 325d
gentlecasca4891Small Ashelia 325d
Roleplay Discussion

Midnight Minstrel?

I enjoyed being an improptu storyteller tonight. What would you think about having the Midnight Minstrel become a semi-regular thing?
Small Zadyria 1y
Zadyria61459Small Little Bleue 1y
Roleplay Discussion

RP Guilds

I have a question, is there any Guild(s) on Tahyang that does Role Play? I'm not not talking about Tavern Night stuff, I'm talking about on going daily RP story lines.If there is could you please let me know who they are and if possible how to co...
Small Rajaikann / Longshafts 1y
Rajaikann / Longshafts2825Small ro-monster 1y
Roleplay Discussion

Suggestion for Guild Recruitment

I have been looking for and asking other about Guilds, both in the East and the West. I get a name here or a link there but there is no "One Place" to go to look up a guild and their history. As you see below we have threads for almost every sub...
Small Rajaikann / Longshafts 1y
Rajaikann / Longshafts31124Small Lysa 1y
Roleplay Discussion

Summer event - ideas and help wanted

Aug 25 - Update, click hereSome of you already know, but for a while I have been considering to set up a big roleplay summer event for all to enjoy. I was inspired by the stories of Wanderer's event last year, and I think we can't skip this summer...
Small Ashelia 1y
Ashelia368649Member avatar small Xilona 1y
Roleplay Discussion

Returning player wishing to RP

I am seriously considering returning to Archeage and RPing. I have a level 55 Blighter. My only question is this - should I RP with my level 55 or start fresh with a new character?
Small BQfromNY 1y
BQfromNY112349Small MiKi 1y